Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Raid controller on Gigabyte motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridgerunner

Technical User
Mar 27, 2002
US
Good Day,I Gigabyte Ga-7vrxp motherboard. I'm looking to shut off the raid control. I've read the manual for the motherboard with no answer to be found. Any thoughts, links, etc... I've tried going to Gigabyte's website but keep getting redirected to other sights.

Their is usually a simple enable/disable raid controller in the bios (it might be called something else, possibly highpoint controller), simply alter in soft menue to disable.
This is a generalisation on most boards but most likely will apply to yours. Martin Just trying to help, sometimes falling short, I am only human after all.

Thank you for your assistance, found it and all is well.

On Gigabyte GA-7DXR+ to disable raid go into bios and disable onboard promise function. Now computer boots up normally with one ide hard drive. Seems to work ok.

On Gigabyte GA-7DXR+ to disable raid go into bios and disable onboard promise function. Now computer boots up normally with one ide hard drive. Seems to work ok.

HELP!!!
giga-byte GA-7DXR
AMD761+686B AGPset
XP1700 Processor
512megs. sdram 2100
(2) IBM 40gig, 7200rpm. Hard Drives
I try to setup the raid controll and this is what it does.
I first put the M/B in raid mode via. jumper.
Created the Array, Array showed (1) drive of 80gigs, this is good,(for now)
Then i tried to install XP-PRO, I hit F6 to install 3rd pardy raid driver, and at the end of all that it tells me that I have no Hard Drive or it cant find the Hard Drive.
Is it a prob. with the BIOS? Or is it the raid driver?
I have not downloaded and new driver for the bios or the raid. If anyone can help I sure would br greatfull. Ive been at it for weeks now and I cant get it to work. But it will work fine if I dont use and Raid.Please Help if you can.
Thanks, Kyp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back