Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Raid Container Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

juneau

IS-IT--Management
Dec 18, 2002
US
I have a Dell 4300 server with a Perc2 card firmware 2.7.0 running Netware 5.0 My tech told me there was a scrolling were error on the server, something about FAT error on VOL1, which is part of the missing container. Anyway, out of four containers one was totally gone. I called Dell tech support, who said you'll have to recreate the container and restore from backup, which I did. I asked the Dell tech what could have caused the problem and they said it could be 100 things. I asked them to narrow it down a bit, but they couldn't. I'm just afraid that what ever caused the problem is going to happen again. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Check the firmware on your DRAC and ensure that you have the latest driver on the server. Those two are the most likely cause. If they are both up to date, we've seen scrambled backplanes cause this problem too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back