Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAID-5 Low Disk Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpez64

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2003
US
I'm a computer consultant and my new client has a Dell PowerEdge 2500 with a RAID-5 with 4 36GB hard drives running W2K Server. It has 2 containers. Container 0 is my C drive and its a 4GB partition with 700MB of free space. Container 1 is a 97.7GB partition with over 60GB of free space. I would like to increase the C drive partition. Has anyone out there ran into this problem and how can you increase the C drive partion? Or what else can I do to increase the C drive. This is my first time running into this situation and I am open to any suggestions anybody has.

I Have RAID 5 on a workstation with four 40GB drives with WinXP Pro.

The RAID Drive is split into 10 partitions. I used partition Majic to create the partitions and change their size. Not sure if it works ok on win2000 server.

Hope this helps.

What version of Partition Magic you used?

Thanks, BenardStewart. I'll give it a try.

Hello,

I have basically the same situation as ‘Carpez64’ except that I am running Win 2003 Server. I have virtually no free space on C.

I have tried to use Partition Magic v.8 but it isn't compatible with this OS. I also downloaded a copy of 'Partition Expert’ and it would not allow me to increase the size of C (perhaps this is to do with RAID-5).

Does anyone know of another way of allocating more space to C for this type of configuration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back