Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

raid 5 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

cndcadams

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2004
US
I have a pe2600 with raid 5 setup. A drive failed and I replaced it, the rebuild started and then failed an hour into it. I then tried another drive and had the same problem. I then brought the server down put a new drive in, went to array config utility before booting and had to offline the device then online it again and start the rebuild, it failed after 60%.. Is anyone familiar with this type of issue and what have they done to fix it. I really do not want to blow away the connfiguration and have to rebuild and restore.

Thanks

CA

the slot seems to be bad i would try to put a disk in another slot configure the driev as a hot spare and see it is rebuilds

newBPhoneGuy;

We did try a new backplane with the same results.

This turned out to be a problem caused by old perc firmware. We had to blow away the configuration, rebuild the raid set, restore and then updated all firmware and tested failure procedure and all went well.

We are having all our customers update all perc controllers as we are seeing a rash of old firmware causing failover issues and rebuild issues. We have reproduced the problems on our test environments so we know this is the issue.

Thanks for the suggestion though;

CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back