Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAID 5 HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcny33

Technical User
Apr 24, 2001
US
Hello,

I have six 70GB hard drives and want to set up a RAID5 array. I probably will want to have one of those drives as a Spare...
I need some help in regard to some steps... I'm using Solaris 9. Within this RAID5 I want to have like 6 or 7 different file systems (/sahome, /nsr, /Installation_data, /management, etc...)... How do I go about setting up the 6 or 7 different file systems... I have a good idea on setting up just one Raid 5 Volume... But not sure how to incorporate the 6 different file systems I have...

I know I need to use the metadb command to create the state databases and then metainit to create the RAID 5 volume.. But by using those commands will just give me one RAID 5 volume to mount... I want to have 6 or 7 filesystems within that RAID5.. How do I do that?? Thanks... Any help or comments is appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back