Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAID 1 Using ServerGuide

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisKP

Technical User
Feb 22, 2008
GB
Hi guys, I have just updated to the lastest version of ServerGuide on the IBM website (7.4.16) and Im having problems with setting up the raid.

For you information I am trying to install windows server 2003 on a HS20 Blade, the Raid controller is a LSI 1064 SAS controller.

I go through the install like normal untill i get to the raid installer, i select RAID 1 and it gets about half way through when im presented with this error:

lsi_ProgressWindows:RaidConfig: Error on doConfig()

Any ideas why this is happening or how to get around it? ive seareched the web but cant fine much on it.

Cheers,
Chris

I'm not convinced you've got the RAID controller configured properly or that you have the correct configuration utility to configure it. Go here to get all that you need (drivers, utilities, etc) to configure that device.

Start with the first download - a bootable CD that should help you set the RAID up. Make sure you have the latest driver for your OS from the same page. You also want to make sure you have the firmware updated on the controller (probably on the CD as well) before you get started configuring the RAID or loading the OS. Always keep firmware and driver in lock step - same version level.

sorry go where? theres no link in your post.

Cheers,
Chris

Boot to the ctrl-c or ctrl-a, forget which it is for this blade, and configure your raid array first.

Then do the serverguide and skip the raid part since it is already done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back