Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAID 1 on Compaq Proliant 1600

Status
Not open for further replies.

liaml1

MIS
Nov 24, 2004
DM
Hello everyone,

I have just acquired another hot-swapable drive for my compaq Proliant 1600 server. Does anyone know how I can configure this Machine for RAID 1? I would like to use the new hard disk as a mirror for the first.

Just for the record I am running Windows 2003 Server (Standard).

Liam

you need to run the compaq acu

1600's are kind old so i'm not 100% sure if the array controller will allow you to convert to a raid1
so backit up first before doing anything

Thanks for the advice. What's the ACU?

Liam

ACU = Array Configuration Utility

I presume you do have a RAID card in there? Hot-swap drives can be connected to the internal SCSI controller on a 1600 so you might not necessarily have one. Cheap enough on eBay though.

Like Terry I'm doubtful that even if you have a RAID controller it will allow you to go to RAID1. Might work with a 221, 3200 or later since they allow reversioning of RAID and expansion of an existing RAID partition if I remember correctly.

Neill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back