Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Raid 1 on an ML350? How do I mirror?

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincrunch00

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2004
US
Hi there, Brand new out of the box ML350. 3.4GHz, 4GB RAM, and I just tossed in 2 146GB drives that I want to mirror.

Thats pretty much as far as I've gotten.

I've configured the drives in the HP SmartStart thing, I've tried deleting the drives and attempting to do it in Windows Disk Management... Turns out I'm an idiot. I should be able to do this, I've done it on the old Proliant DL380s that we have kicking around here but I cant for the life of me get this to work.

Shoot me now. What am I doing wrong? I'm pretty sure I've got the drives in the correct bays; they are in the bays that are tied together with a Smart Array 641 controller.
I'm trying to put 2003 on a 12GB partition, mirror that to the other drive, then have the remaining 125GB in another partition that is also mirrored on the other drive.

Save me?
-Andrew

When your server boot, you have to see SmartArray 641/642 controller and press F8 to see/change/delete arrays.
From here you can make a RAID 1, with that 2 HDD.
After that when you install OS, you make the partition thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back