Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Radvision Privacy issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

karlzre

Technical User
Jan 2, 2007
BE
Hi, I have a customer who has a Radvision XT5000.

They report me that they disable the auto answer on the xt 5000 but when someone call from a smartphone, they can hear what happend in the room.

They have firmware 08.03.08.0057

That looks very strange for me has if the auto answer is off, normally if someone call, the conference didn't start as soon as you answer with the remote control.

ACIS - ACSS

You are very unlikely to get assistance on a system that is not Avaya IP Office in a forum that is dedicated to Avaya IP Office

if there is no Radvision forum then I would suggest you try the general telephony forum

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Ok will post in another forum.
I post it here as it's a Radvision XT5000 smb9 linked with a IPOffice for the licences.

ACIS - ACSS

If it is connected vai the IP Office then it might be something that this forum can assist with.

A quick bit of googling indicates that Radvision XT5000 is scopia by Avaya

It does sound like Auto answer ha not been correctly disabled

Does it have to be a smart phone that calls or can you get the same problem form any location?
What does System monitor show regarding the call?

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I've send the manual with the correct page to the customer to disable the auto answer.
As he is a IT, i assume he was able to follow a 5 step tutorial ...

He report me that when they call from other sites where they have a XT4200 they don't have the issue.
They only have the issue when they call from a mobile with the radvision app.

I didn't check in the monitor, in my opinion nothing will appear there as, if i'm right, the mobile connect to the desktop server, who act as a proxy and redirect to the mcu directly. It's some kind of standalone solution.

The ipoffice is only there for commercial matter as avaya gave a mega discount on XT5000 SMB9 if you use it with a IPoffice . ( i think in this case the ipo is only there for that as the cutomer has no trunk on the ipo.)

ACIS - ACSS

lock down the meeting once it's started.

Try to spend the next 10 seconds not thinking about a blue eyed polar bear.

First thing I would do is jump in to a conference with them and test it to see exactly what the issue is.

Are they calling in from the smartphone using the app, to join as a video participant, or are they ringing a ddi that's routed to the Radvision extn?

APSS/ACIS/ACSS-SME
not arrogant, just succinct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back