Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Radmin Unable to Connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonnieJohnson

Programmer
Apr 16, 2001
US
I have a remote computer I was setup to connect to. The guy that set it up is gone. For about three weeks I have not been able to connect.

How can I make sure that Radmin server is runing on the remote computer.

ProDev, MS Access Applications
Visit me at ==>
May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

Connect an mmc to it and have a look for the Remote Admin Service. Or ask someone on site to have a look for you. A trusted person at remote sites who knows how to use a mouse is invaluable.

You don't say how you connect to the box. If you can't do this then post with a few more details.

Iain

I'm sorry, I deal mostly with programming and coding. I don't know what an mmc is.

ProDev, MS Access Applications
Visit me at ==>
May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

Its a ms management console.

(Presuming Win XP) Start - run - MMC - OK

On New window - File Add/Remove Snap In - Add - Services - Another Computer - "BustedServerName" or IP address - Ok Finish.

This will give you access to all the services running on the Server and look for the Radmin service.

If you're getting lumbered with Admin tasks then I find custom mmc's a real help for remote systems, remember they're remote so patience is the name of the game depending on your link speed.

Iain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back