Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Radmin, PC anywhere. Access to home pc from hotels

Status
Not open for further replies.

brodie1227

Vendor
Feb 19, 2004
US
Can anyone give me tips on gaining access to my home network from my laptop when connecting from hotels or other lans. I can use pc anywhere no problem if I am connected to the same network or domain, but what about connecting from networks I do not know about until I reach my destination and need to get resources from home pc. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If you just want to get on one m/c, say your main m/c, then I use VNC, easy to setup, and I can control my mail anywhere in the world.

I do this as my main m/c is setup for getting rid of spam etc and its easier to process my mail on the home m/c, than duplicate software and settings on my laptop.

If you want to actually log in to your network, then VPN, slightly harder to set up, especially if you use NIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back