Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RADIUS Client - OTM??

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecomproPA

Technical User
Apr 20, 2006
US
hi, has anyone ever used the RADIUS client to view call stats on your media gateway card? i want to set this up but don't know how. i have the IP trunk book that tells me to set up RADIUS but it doesn't tell me how. all it says is use OTM to turn it on.

as usual, nortel has to make everything complicated......

can Radius be used by plugging straight in to a card or do i have to go through OTM?

Back in the days when you configured IP trunking via OTM, there was a tab on the node configuratoin called "Call Accounting". In this tab, you had to enable the behavior, specify the IP address of the RADIUS server, and the TCP port that you wished to use (default is 1813). When you transfered the node properties, OTM would send out a string of SNMP commands that would instruct the ITG cards to start sending IP call stats to the external RADIUS server.
I'm not sure that they carried this capability forward to IP peer trunking, which is administered via Element Manager on the Signalling server. If they still have this capability, I have no idea where they tucked it.

Jephph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back