Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

radio station bleeding thru on calls 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidcomm

Programmer
Apr 21, 2005
US
Has anybody came across a problem with a radio station bleeding thru while on a call? I'm writing here because my customer as a NEC switch. I know it is most likely not the equipment, or could it be? any input would be helpful.

Some of the NEC AT phones were very prone to this problem. Try a different handset (assuming this is on analogues).

I'm also interested in this problem. At my site, Music-on-hold bleeds onto the analog lines. It's not the handset, as I can also get it from my butt-set.

The problem is on digital sets and my customer has a T-1.
This just started about a week ago, and I haven't been on site yet to check the grounding. Will get back my end of week.

First determine if it is comming in on the outside lines or is comming in from internal wiring. You will hear it on a butt set if on the lines. SNC manufacturing out of Oshkosh WI makes a noise choke that usually eliminates this problem. If inside wire is indusing this, a .01 mf capasitor across the transmitter leads will fix it.

Music on hold is easy problem use a 600 ohm to 600 ohm isolation transformer. But I agree changing handsets I had a installation that was 100 yard away from a TV station, it would pick it up. But when i swapped handset from other area of the site that were 3000 years away, both area work fine.

Never give up never give in.

There are no short cuts to anything worth doing :)

Yes they were old. This pabx next to the ABC was not an nec, but have had similar problem on a large 2400 with Number 7 (few ywars ago now)

Never give up never give in.

There are no short cuts to anything worth doing :)

The music is being heard during a conversation, and it is a radio station not a music on hold device. Haven't been back to site and customer has not called yet to report it again.
Will update later. THANKS FOR THE INFO EVERYONE...

Assets

You missed the joke. Check your post above it you say 3000 years away!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back