Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Radio Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortelcs100e5

Technical User
Oct 30, 2007
Hi we have a 11c Rls 5.0 (SSC card) running this site has an other remote office, and they need to connect both sites with a radio link, Now they guy providing radio link asking about the link type? which type of link/signaling we need, i am not sure about radio link working , what we need at the both end of radio link??
What option do i have to tie these two site with remote link and what type of link/signal type do i need at both end?
Regards

How are you connecting to the other site now?

What type of system is on the other end?

If you can provide more detail about both sites, a detailed answer can be given.

My site have 11c Rls 5.0 and other site is 11c rls 4.5, they need to connect with radio link but wants to know what we need at both end? i mean E1?? or other thing.
What option do i have?? i mean E1 cards or MC 32??
regards

If you can add an MC32 and run IP Line without having to upgrade to CPPM Call Server, and MGC, then you could run IP Line between both sites and the radio link would just extend your IP network to both locations.

If you run E1, you will need to have some way of running the E1 end-to-end over the radio-link - some kind of E1 Mux / DeMux to preserve the E1 framing & signaling.

Ask your radio vendor what options he has available. I have seen microwave systems with Ethernet only, T1/E1 only, multiple (2-4) T1/E1 with Ethernet, etc. Cost, distance to cover, licensed/unlicensed, etc. are considerations. If you are in North America, T1 may be easier to get equipment for than E1.

Also, if you run any form of IP (MC32) on the rls 5.0 system you will need to upgrade to a CPPM. SSC cards are not supported in IP enabled Rls 5 systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back