Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Radio Buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefee

Programmer
Aug 25, 2000
US
Ok, I know this is a beginner question, but I need to know how to capture a radio button and save it to my access database. Well I can capture the value of the radio button and put it in a variable, but I cant seem to save it to the database. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Stephanie

Dear stefee,

Well if the database is a SQL database with an ODBC driver you can use ADO to connect and SQL statements to manipulate the data in the database.

Is the database an ODBC SQL data source?
How much do you know about any of these technologies?

-pete

It’s an access database that does use ODBC and I’m programming in vc++ and pulling information into the program with the m_pSet->. Normally you can get info from the database using that (which I’m able to do) and replace data using it followed by an UpdateData(FALSE)-(which on the radio buttons I cant seem to do). See, I have an access database, the radio button field is a ‘Number’ if I change the values in the access database, myself, the program will read the new value and check the correct radio button accordingly at run time, but I can’t seem to upload the information if I change it in the running program. It stays the same, I can update everything else, but that. I honestly do not know how to use ADO yet.

Thank you for your help,
Stephanie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back