Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Radio Buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJVFree

Technical User
Nov 22, 2010
US
Hello,

Is there an easy way to create an excel spread sheet that will allow the person for pick different Radio Buttons and depending on the bottom(s) they pick calculates a dollar amount at the bottom or continued onto another tab? Would I need a lot of VBA training to manager this spread sheet?

Thanks for your time and help

TCB

Hi,

Why not make your table a Structured Table, which is a great addition to Excel version 2007+.

Insert > Tables > Table

It has a feature to display/or not, aggregations in the bottom row.

However, I don't understand, "or continued on another tab."?????

If you do want to stick with radio buttons, you need to decide on your GUI. In a group of radio buttons you can select one and only one radio button. That’s the default behavior of radio buttons (option buttons).

"and depending on the bottom[highlight #E9B96E](s)[/highlight] they pick" – well, your users will not be able to pick more than one radio button, so you may consider using check boxes instead.

Have fun.

---- Andy

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

Step by step.

1) make your table a structured table

2) turn on your macro recorder

3) record toggling on Totals

4) turn off your macro recorder

5) modify your recorded code to work with a checkbox or option button control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back