Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Radiant 1210/1220

Status
Not open for further replies.

alohaakamai3

IS-IT--Management
Aug 11, 2006
US
Does anyone know what drivers these units are supposed to be using for the touch screen?

Was pretty sure radiant's website says the eturbo driver, but then what do you typically use to calibrate it from aloha? in other words, what executable is it launching when calibration is attempted via the aloha interface?

Thanks!

I actually see and Elo chip set on the motherboard. How can tell it's resistive?

As of now, the calibration is completely off (but the touch does work),and these eturbo touch driver does kick in to calibrate, it just won't work properly. It could be a bad screen, but I this unit was working fine until it had a simple hard drive failure, which is why I am not going to immediately assume it is a bad screen (though it certainly still could be).

I also noticed when I installed the elo drivers, it does "see" the controller, but doesn't sense the touch. And of course, I would immediately thinking bad screen, but it does work when I re-image the computer with an old Ghost image I have of these units.

I would like to give it one last try un-install and re-install the proper drivers (whatever those are) before I give this unit a Viking Funeral.

To answer your question though (and thank you for the reply), it does not see a touch controller when I run the Microtouch driver.

Does anyone know what com port the touch driver is typically installed on? That would probably be helpful too.

Thanks again.

ibercfg settings:

I use the exact same calibrate variable, but use two different batch files to start them up, because I have a mixed bag of 1210's and 1220's

Ibercfg:
SET CALIBRATE=c:\P1210\P1210CAL.BAT

P1210:
My Batch file (P1210cal.bat) contains one single line:
c:\Progra~1\eTurbo~1\cali_3P.exe RS232_DEVICE0

P1220 (Resistive)
The command line (for my batch file) is:
START C:\P15XX\TCALIB.EXE

It's easy to tell if it's resistive or capacitive.
When you touch a resistive screen, you're actually touching plastic (Mylar). If it's a capacitive screen you touch glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back