Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Radeon xpress 200 drivers on win98se

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishalmarya

Programmer
Aug 19, 2001
i have a PIV machine .
the pc came with ati radeon display card ( ATI radeon xpress 200 series ) and the motherboard drivers suite cd.

I have created dual boot , one for win98se and other for winxp . the motherboard drivers were installed successfully on win xp , but they don't work on win98 se.

i looked for win98 ati drivers on AMD site and downloaded :
"Catalyst 6.2 Drivers and ATI Multimedia Software for Windows 98/Windows 98 SE/Windows ME "

running the setup provides the following error message :
"setup was unable to find components that can be installed on your current hardware or software configuration."

any suggestions

I can't help you with the error but I can suggest an alternative route, which may or may not be useful depending on why you want Windows 98.

Microsoft now give away Virtual PC 2007 as a free download, so you could get rid of your dual-boot set-up and just create a virtual Windows 98 machine within Windows XP. You then wouldn't need to worry about finding the right drivers for it since it uses (virtual) generic hardware.

As I say that may be no use to you, depending on what you want to do with Win 98.

Regards

Nelviticus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back