Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Radeon 9550 Not Working on Windows Server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2003
US
I bought the PowerColor Radeon 9550 256MB video card and have been trying to get it to work with Windows Server 2003. Everytime I load the driver, the display fall back to 640/480 mode. Please help!!!

Thank you very much in advance.

Here's a piece of FAQ from the ATI website:

ATI driver information for Microsoft Windows Server 2003

All drivers for Windows Server 2003 are maintained and deployed by Microsoft. This operating system currently provides drivers for RAGE XL products only.

While Windows Server 2003 display drivers are not available from ATI directly, you may obtain updates through Windows Update, or other deployment option from Microsoft.

Windows Server 2003 is positioned as a business and corporate enterprise server Operating System. It is not intended for home or personal use.

Please refer to Microsoft's website for detailed information.

INFO-BASE# 4227

KEYWORDS: Windows Server 2003 Driver

Thanks for the infor. I can't just wait for Microsoft. They may never release such a driver. Someone must have figured out an alturnative to use ATI with Win Server 2003. Any suggestions? Thanks!

There are sites that have people that rewrite drivers for all kinds of things, never needed one, so don't have any links. could try searching google about ati server drivers,repackaged ati drivers. beta drivers,experimental drivers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back