Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAD IP Mux 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redwoodbob

Technical User
Aug 26, 2009
US
I hope I am in the correct forum for this...

In the interest of saving money, I'm in the process of evaluating the RAD IP Mux 24 f/e. The idea is to use this product to push channelized voice T1 (24 Ds0's) over existing WAN connections.

Does anyone out there have any experience with this product? So far, set up has been difficult at best. I can't get these 2 units to work effectively in a lab invironment.

In my lab I have;

* (2) Cisco 3560 PoE-8 switches with configs consistent to my production network which include vlan config's for this application.

* (2) Rad IPMux 24 f/e

* (1) Tberd 2209 - set to TERM> T1 External> AMI-T1/D4> Auto Pattern> Internal Timing

* (1) LoopBack plug

The problem I have is periodically,intermittently I get a ton of signal/frame/pattern loss and CRC errors (as read on my TBERD).
If I self loop the TBERD it will run clean until the end of time. Same for connecting a coupler to the end of bantam/RJ45 cable and connecting the loopback plug to the other end of the coupler. The Tberd runs clean to itself and over test cable to loopback plug, so I think my cabling and tester are fine.

Timing on RAD IpMux units; 1 is set to adaptive, the other to loopback. I've systematically and methodically played with every single clock setting on both units and the TBERD. So far this is the best I have found.

As for network, ports on the cisco have been set to auto nego as well as hard coded for 100/Full, which is what the network ports on the IP Mux units are set to, with the same result.

To eliminate the network, I have also direct connected the 2 IP Mux units using a cross-over cable... same result with errors. At this point I have to ask, will the units meet my needs? Or am I missing a config setting?

Anyone out there with practical experience and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

If you haven't tried already... contact their support. We've had them help us to get the IPMux to do some strange things for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back