Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAD Hunt Group doesn't Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJ2600

Technical User
Apr 15, 2011
DE
I need your help guys, please help
First I apologize about the long getails,
In 3300 Mxe version 5.0
Mostly Analog lines are configured on it,
*- Two VM ports were removed from the VM group and assigned as RAD Ports,(8018,8019).
Recorded the greeting on them and assigned the greeting sets 10 and 11.
*- All the parameters of the COS of the RAD ports are set properly as recommended in help files (mainly message length and expected off hook timers)
The two RAD ports were put in a RAD HG,(8030),
Assigned this RAD HG number in the Fst Alternative form, Fst Altern. # 20,

Routed some test extension to that number (20), (COS:Call Forward No Answer for these ext. is set to 0),
when Calling these test extensions, they keep ringing in the set and don't transfer to RAD group as expected,and programmed,
Tried to put one of the RAD ports as Fst Alter No directly instead of RAD HG.,it answered and went well,
tried to Call RAD HG number directly from any ext. it returns dial tone,

Can any one help on this please,
I guess the problem is with the COS of the RAD HG not of the RAD ports,
tried to assign the same COS of the RAD ports to the RAD HG, but still no answer,
then Changed that to different one, getting the same,

Check that your RAD ports are not in DND

Maint command state extension or locate feature extension

Thanks Floppy1,
the ports are Idle,
the PILOT number of the RAD group doesn't pick up,
when routed the calls to the rad port direct, it works fine !!!

You need to enable rad option in COS of rad ports.
You need to upload or record through admin mailbox a RAD greeting and assign that RAD greeting to the particular VM ports. Right now sounds like you have your rad greeting recorded as if this was a regular mailbox which is incorrect you dont login into the rad port mailbox directly to record the greeting..in 3300.view all alphabetically go to the bottom you will see various VM rad port forms...hope this gets you in the right direction
Best Regards

Thank you very much guys for your suggestions,

Finally i managed to solve this issue,
the problem was with in one parameter in VM Options form, which is the Enable Supervised Transfer, this option was enabled (somehow), once i disabled it everything worked fine, now the calls are transferred to the RAD hung group, the RAD group answers the calls, play the messages,then release,,, so, working fine,

By the way,This option was causing a major problem in the routed incoming calls via the voice mail as well, the VM ports do not release after hanging up the line,they keep BUSY till I release them manually by BUSy out the incoming trunk group(analog Lines)and RTS them back, now this problem is solved also,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back