Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RACKMOUNT apc 2200'S

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELECTRICWARRIOR

Technical User
Apr 10, 2003
US
i replaced the batteries in two APC rack 2200's as the battery LED was showing RED --- i let both units charge up over the weekend -- and then rest then via the test button by still cannot get the led to turn off, powering off the units is not a current option!

Is there any possibility that you've got a larger load on the units than the battery/inverter can support ?
Did you test the units with the new batteries (after charging time) and a known light load - like a desk lamp or something a lot less than the rated 2200VA load ?

Fred Wagner

Did you check the date on the replacement batteries ? if they're 'old stock' - past their 'best if used by date' they may still trigger the Red battery light, even if they've never been used before. I've found that batteries rejected by UPS's after a couple of years service have a lot of less critical use left in them - ham radio type uses - they're just not up to the standards that APC builds into their units.

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back