Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rack Diagram (Adding Custom Properties)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterlyttle

Technical User
Nov 6, 2006
GB
Hello,

I’ve been trying to get a diagram of our server rack with custom information such as server wattage (So i can work out how much load is on a UPS) and how many power / nic connections are being used etc. Is there any way to add custom properties of shapes that have been inserted into a cabinet and then display the result in a table or textbox?

Cheers,
Peter

Can you clarify the question more? I know that if you right click on a shape you can display or add custom properties to a shape in Visio.

The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want. Quote by "Ben Stein

Yes I have been to the visiocafe before its very good for the packs... basically what I was trying to do was have a rack in which I can add 1U, 2U etc servers each with their own spec and perform basic maths functions on properties eg.

I add a HP DL360 G1 and a HP DL380 G5 to a rack (both have a custom property of Wattage and Power Connectors) is there anyway to add these values? So that I can say Rack 1 is using a Max of xxxWatts and XPower Connectors.

Then I can say that there are 2 UPS units in that rack and that Ypower connections are available and Y-X are in use...I hope this makes sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back