Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAC Manager Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faraday

Technical User
Jan 7, 2003
US
The latest update to XP deleted a msc42.dll on my computer that caused several programs to crash. I reinstalled XP. Now I cannot set up a dialup network connection. It says it cannot load the Remote Access Connection manager service. I tried started the RAC from teh Services Administrative tool, but I get an access denied message.

Does anyone know how I can correct this problem? I can't get internet access is email until this computer can dial-up.

/doc

the last time i ran into this problem it was because the user was useing a guest account to set-up a DUN connection. i then found (from microsoft) that RAC was not supported by guest accounts. i'm sure you're not useing a guest account so i don't for sure why it is doing that. just make sure you are logged into a admin account thats all i really can say. hope it helps "Jack of all trades. Master of none."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back