Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R9 Manager compatibility with older versions? Not so Much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greybeard191

Technical User
Jun 7, 2010
CA
has anyone noticed any quirks with trying to use R9 Manager to manipulate older versions of IPO?

I've found a couple of things:

1. R9 Manager seems to permit you to create usernames that start with a number, previously a red error. Further, it will permit you to do the same on a R8 or 8.1 IPO, and show no errors... until of course you log in with R8.1 Manager, in which case there's red.
2. R9 Manager gives weird licesning errors when connected to a R8.1 server edition... inadequate number of server editionlicenses when there's enough (more than enough actually, some sites aren't cut in yet). Log in with 8.1 Manager and the errors disappear. Log back in with R9 and they're there. Further, R9 manager is almost completely unusable manipulating a 18 site SE running 8.1... huge pauses of unresponsiveness... add a hunt group and wait 5 minutes for the wheel to stop spinning. Log in using R8.1 manager and aside from the interminable waiting for 18 sites to load and validate, responsiveness is fine.

Anyone else seen any of these issues? This is the first time I've seen what I would consider compatibility issues serious enough to make me question the whole backwards compatibility thing.

GB

I was always told to use matching software versions of Manager with IP Office. Manager software is usually 2 numbers higher than the software version of the IPO. So an IPO with 7.0 was using 9.0 Manager. I believe IPO 8.1 is using 10.1 Manager. I've noticed with IPO 9.0 the Manager is now 9.0.0.0 build 829. Not the normal 2 versions higher than the IPO version. I have noticed some compatibility issues when using the wrong software Manager. It usually ends up with a phone not coming back up because it is looking to upgrade the phone software level. I have learned over the years to make sure I have the right Manager software for the level version of the IP Office. It causes me less headaches. I have my customers setup to remote into one of their computers with the IP Office Administration software that matches their IPO. This way, I'm not causing any software issues with their phone system.

Not sure if this information was helpful but this is what I follow and I have not had any compatibility issues.

Karl

Avaya SME ACIS Certified

The manager software should be compatible down to version 2.1. No need to have a manager for each version and if you know it is wrong why do you program it like that?

I haven't seen any issues... yet, and have worked on R3.2 and up machines. But we don't have a lot of SE installs.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.

I only use the R9 manager on any site from 2.1 up and haven't had any of the issues you mention and I program a lot of different sites, I acces at least ten sites with various levels each day.
I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit with Manager 9.0.1.xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back