Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R9.1 with PCS 13 500 V2 control unit 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

szaidi1

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2013
PK
Got a brand new Avaya IP Office 500 v2. It is PCS 13. Alos go a sd card with 9.1 essentail lic. Would it work with new 500v2 control unit PCS13?

If not then how to work this out?

Yes, if it's truly brand new. Otherwise. Just downgrade to the release you're licensed for.

In case of fire do not use lift.

Try a fire extinguisher.

Well, I have 9.1 essential sd card and a new 500 v2 control unit PCS 13.

I have read some threads on it here but need clarity.

From what I leanrt, you cannot just plug 9.1 card into PCS13 control unit. First need to boot it with 8.1 or 9.0 sd card and then boot it with 9.1 sd card? ISsthat right.

Appreciate if you could guide the step by step process.

#1 DON'T MAKE ANY CALLS. just don't plug any phones in--->Easy way to prevents this. Recreate SD card in 9.0. plug into control unit. Let it boot and come up. Power down control unit. Recreate SD card in 9.1. Plug into control unit. Pretty simple.

NTSDirect

Or R9 boot up, turn off.
Load R7 boot up, change mode, connect phone, make call.
Load R8.0.44 or lower and upgrade.
Load 9.1 and upgrade.....woo hoo free essential edition :)

Would that not lock your phone system in to R7 when you make a call on R7?
Also, it seems risky to me to rely on a virtual essential edition license. If the control unit dies it is gone and who knows when Avaya could just remove it and you have a system with no license.

No it doesn't lock. Not risky as a BP, we have several spare chassis all "pre-virtualed" up ready for maint swaps.
Besides it's just sharing a trick, not saying you should do it.....like Harry Houdini :)

I love these forums I learn something new everyday lol. I certainly would not do that for a production unit but it is a nice tidbit to know thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back