Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R9.1.11 Admin Suite & VMPro Install Errors on MS 2008 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg11

MIS
Dec 8, 2004
US
Guys/Gals,

System is IP500 with 200 stations (dig and IP), SIP trunks VMPRO, few expansion modules, etc.
Windows 2008 Server running VMPro.

Recently upgraded IP500v2 from R9.1.5 to 9.1.11. Attempted VMpro to 9.1.11 and ended up w/ vmpro at 9.1.9.

There are 2 errors that showed up. I do see a little on this on this forum but no resolution.

When installing Admin Suite I get and error referencing America.cab. This file is fine as it installed correctly on 2 different PCs (Win7 and Win8).

When installing VMPro on 2008 Server I get an error about Chinese.cab being corrupt. I ended installing VMPro 9.1.9 for now.

All Microsoft updates were installed and 2008 server rebooted.....still same errors about American.cab and Chinese.cab.did create new user on 2008 server and same result.

I believe this is possibly .Net related but not sure. I searched Avaya support site with no results.

Anyone have a workaround or solution for this? If not, I will open up a trouble ticket with Avaya as I am sure we are not the first for encounter these errors with R9.1.11.

Never heard that error but make sure you run the install as administrator (not just as admin user)

I would also check the MD5 for the download to make sure it is not a corrupted file.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

MD5 was checked and same Admin Suite (and VMPro) installed in Win7/Win8 PCs. Will try running as administrator for grins too.....ty.

Also copy the installer directory to the local hard disk.
I have seen this type of error when running from a zip file or a USB stick

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Will try and post results....thx!

Can these errors (above) possibly be java related?

It's probably unrelated, but i read in 'administering ACCS' today that you need to install utf-8 support to be able to import chinese and japanese configuration files. There's a script to run on the server. It's to do with certain characters not recognised.

Hmm... is the language on the server set to En/ US? It should be this, not UK/ En.

This is a stab in the dark with a silver chopstick.

Try to spend the next 10 seconds not thinking about a blue eyed polar bear.

holdmusic34,

Where is the script located? Is it in the R9.1.11 Admin Suite sub-folders? Or is it an MS script?

I think it's in ACCS. But the utf-8 support may be required. Try dr google on that one.
Did you check the server language?

Try to spend the next 10 seconds not thinking about a blue eyed polar bear.

this is a known issue by Avaya. There's a tech bulletin about it. NO help. Don't even try on 2008 with that version.

Thank you fieldtechIR. We tried everything and have decided to upgrade to MS 2012 Server.

Does anyone what TB addresses this issue?

Much better to use application server.
Os provided by Avaya so avoids all these issues

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back