Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R9.0 Outgoing Call Rejected on NexVortex due to Cache Auth Credentials

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestar

Technical User
Apr 15, 2024
US
My IP500v2 is running R9.0.12.0 and I am using a NexVortex SIP Trunk. I had a lot of issues with this using R8.1 and when I upgraded to R9 most of them have been resolved. I have one remaining problem. Periodically outgoing calls get rejected. Typically if you hang up and try again, they go through. The techs at NexVortex are telling me that the reason for this is that the IP Office is Caching the Auth Credentials and they want me to shut that off. It seems that in R10 and up there is a SIP advanced tab that has this option. However, I do not see it in R9. Also, the guide put together by Avaya for R10 using NexVortex actually shows Cache Auth Credentials as being activated.

I do not want to upgrade past R9 as there are many users using Phone Manager Lite which stops working in R9.1.

I would have to imagine there were clients successfully using NExVortec prior to the release of R10 without a problem.

Is there a setting or workaround for this?

I don't have a R9.0 config to look at, R9.1 definitely has the SIP Advanced "Cache Auth Credentials", which I have unchecked for my nexVortex customers.

I THINK nexVortex can just use a static IP, but I'm not positive about that. Good luck.

We have a static IP but still have registration turned on. Is there a way we can stop the credentials from being sent automatically if we are using a static? I tried turning registration off thinking that would help but it did not seem to change anything.
Thanks!

You would not set the credentials, but nexVortex would have to support that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back