Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R8 Basic - Simple Quesitons

Status
Not open for further replies.

grundy

Technical User
Apr 12, 2003
US
I'm working with a R8 in basic mode and I can't figure out a few simple things (at least they should be). All of these should be possible but they just don't work.

1. When VM is Intiuty mode, can we have more than 1 personal greeting?
2. I can't figure out time profiles for the auto attenendat. We are open Monday-Thursday 9 to 5 and Friday 9 to 1:30. I didn't see any way to set the Friday one?
3. Is there a way in the auto attendant to transfer DIRECTLY to voicemail. I didn't see it as an option.
4. Calls are never going to a users voicemail when transferred, they just ring back to the extension?

If i could figure out half of these I would be happy!

1. Only one greeting on a mailbox

2. I'd just make the Auto Attendant "Follow Night Service", uncheck the Time Profiles, only record Menu Options (7841) and Night Service (7851) greetings, and put a Night Service button on Ext. 10 - push the button when you close down for the day.

3. I don't see an option for a selector code to go to a mailbox instead of ringing the extension first, so I'd have to say no, not an option

4. On the User Setup, Advanced Settings, set Automatic VMS Cover to Assigned, and the VMS Cover Ring to 0 through 9.

Thanks!

Can i use the time profiles with the night service button? I can NOT figure out time profile settings. I have Morning set to 9am-5pm and have they record the greeting for that. I have night service enabled but it dosn't work right??

What am i doing wrong?

What I normally do is set the morning profile to all day (12:00 AM to 11:59 PM), make sure you have only Morning checked, and record the greetings for morning (7811) and Out of Hours (7851). Also make sure to have "Follow Night Service" checked. Remember "Out of Hours" = Night Service, and I believe that when you have night service activated, it will take precedence over any time profile.

Dan

If it ain't broke, why fix it?
If it's broke, try to fix it..
If you can't fix it, get yourself a good baseball bat and swing away! :)

Now they want to do holiday greetings? Is that possible at all? I'm dieing over here.

You can record an Emergency Greeting using 7861. If you set a system password, you can use a Transfer to Greeting action to record the emergency (in this case, holiday) greeting from the AA and activate and de-activate from there.

Dan

If it ain't broke, why fix it?
If it's broke, try to fix it..
If you can't fix it, get yourself a good baseball bat and swing away! :)

Dan, can you email me at grundy @ comcast .net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back