Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

r7 caller id on display 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
Customer complaint is caller id is disappearing from the display after the call is answered. Not sure if there is a setting for this. He wants to be able to write down the number but there are times when the information disappears and show the clock, I think. Usually they answer the phone right away, sometimes it goes through the AA.

If they answer before the second ring they will not get the CID information. Otherwise it should be there by default.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

No, it shows and then goes away .

I'm running the Legend (Rel 7) with the 408 GS/LS-ID-MLX board in my home. The Caller Id Number (and name if toggled via a feature button) show only briefly before the displays reverts to the time.

I guess R7 is a funny thing. It describes both the Magix and Partner systems. I was referring to the Partner.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Yes Partner is what they are using.

After talking to the customer, the issue is the name disappears and leaves only the number. Funny after servicing this system all these years and it has never been a complaint and I don't think there is a setting. But you guys know more than me.

Try programming Feature 16 (Caller ID-Name Display) on a button with lights, and see if they can toggle from displaying the telephone number to the name when they are on the call. I think the bottom line of the display goes to the timer once you answer, and so you only see one element of the Caller ID at that point.

Also Feature 17 on a button with lights is Caller ID Inspect, while you are on an active call, you can press Caller ID Inspect and then press another active line. You won't connect to that other line, but you will see the incoming Caller ID. Press the button again to get out of that mode.

Excellent. Thank you.

I have vague recollections about displays going blank being addressed by Avaya, but I don't remember the specifics. The 18 button Euro II on my desk sometimes goes blank when I turn on the florescent desk lamp. I've replaced the lamp with a different style and located it further away from the phone.

So far, so good.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Feature 16 did the job! as usual, spot on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back