Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R7 and Messaging Module HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2004
US
Hi all. I have a R7 with the Messaging Module installed in a 5 slot carrier. The Messaging is installed with a 2 port card connected on the right most slot of the carrier. Per the manual, I have set the hunt grp 7 with ext 42 and 43. When I can the office number, it rings once and immediately I would hear "transferring to operator"... Then it would ring ext 10. Is this normal and I should simply set no ring on all phones so I don't hear the first ring or am I missing something here with the setup?

You need to post a list of what cards you have in what slots for anyone to be able to solve your problem. The "transferring to operator" is because you don't have the correct extensions programmed into hunt group 7.

I thought that pointing out that the messaging module being in the rightmost slot of the 5 slot carrier was sufficient. Left most slot has the additional station extension module. Second slot from left holds the 4 C/O lines with CID module. Middle slot holds the processor module. Fourth slot from the left holds another 4 C/O lines with CID module. Then the last slot from left holds the messaging module.

Nope, and if I only ASSUME that the "Left most slot has the additional station extension module" is a 308 module (it could be a 206 or an 012) here's what you have:

The ACS R7 in the center slot contains Extension 10 through 18.

The 308 in Slot 1 (remember I'm assuming what you have here) contains Extensions 19 through 26.

The 400 card in slot 2 has NO extensions

The 400 card in slot 3 (and yes, that's the 4th slot, but the center slot is labeled "P") has NO extensions

So, finally, the Partner Messaging in slot 4 (the last slot), is seen as a 6 extension module by the system, you state you have a 2 port license card installed in it, and it used the TOP most ports. Your voice mail ports are 27 and 28

Now, you need to REMOVE all extensions other than 27 and 28 from Hunt Group 7

#505-7-(Extension Number)-(1 to Assign or 2 to Unassign)

Check EVERY extension from 10 through 57, and then 76, 78, and 79.

Once you get that set, you will find things working much better!

Thanks for clarifying that TTT! I will try this first thing in the morning and write back. If you would check out my other two posts and provide some direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

So on the first slot from the left, I actually have a 012E. So I figure that brings the total extension to 30 instead of 26. So I assigned ports 31 and 32 to hunt group 7 and everything is unassigned. However, now I call it is still doing the same thing and it briefly displayed the number 43 on the screen after the "your call is being transferred" message. Where do I go from here TTT?

OK, so I powered off the system and powered it back on. And now it is not doing the one ring to transferring msg. It rings all the phones in the office. I suppose I have to silence the ring on all phones except the receptionist correct? I answered the call after two rings, but I am still not getting the Call ID information on the phone screen. Does it need to get picked up AA in order to receive the CALL ID information?

I believe that you would need to count each 400 module as 6 ports.

So, ports 10-17 on the processor, 18-29 on the 012E, 30-35 on the first 400EC and 36-41 on the 2nd 400EC.

Try intercomming ports 42 & 43 to see if the voicemail answers. If it does, put those 2 ports in Hunt Group #7. [smile]

I figured the processor is 10-18, 012E would be 19-30, and according to Dexman, the first 400EC becomes 31-36. The second 400EC becomes 37-42. Then I assigned 43 a nd 44 to hunt grp 7. Now all the lines I call does not make the one ring to transfer msg. It is ringing all the phones. However, no AA picks up. I guess for this issue, I need to turn AA on at this point? And when I answer the call after 2 rings, I still do not have Call ID information. Any ideas.

you can call each extension number until it does a short ring then says transferring your call to the operator you will have the right ones.

[tt]

0 4 4 A 4 M
1 0 0 C 0 S
2 0 0 S 0 G

19 X X 10 X 31-1st Messaging Port
20 X X 11 X 32-2nd Messaging Port
21 X X 12 X 33
22 X X 13 X 34
23 X X 14 X 35
24 X X 15 X 36
25 16
26 17
27 18
[/tt]

Looks like your Messaging Ports are 31 and 32. Hope the picture above is clear enough!

400 cards are simply that: 4 lines and 0 extensions

VS Mail and Messaging are seen as an 006 card - 0 lines and 6 extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back