Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R6 Database Template

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachbgk

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2002
US
I have Notes5 Domino server at work. I got a Notes6 client CD from a friend. I installed R6 client and it is running on R5 domino server.

My friend has R6 domino server and R6 client. His Inbox interface is a little different than mine. His has buttons for 'New Memo' etc and mine does not show buttons. My interface is still like R5 interface.

What needs to be done. Do i have to set a template ?. Any help will be appreciated.

You are still running on the R5 mail template.

My advise is don't run an R5 client on an R6 server. The server needs to be taken to the next release before the clients. R6 includes some new features and commands that your R5 client will not recognise. If you replace your R5 mail file with the R6 design you may get errors due to the fact the the R5 server will not recognise the new commands that the R6 template may contain.

Updating clients before the server is fraught with danger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back