Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R5?, replacing old code, pages vs forms, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhelm

Programmer
Jun 8, 1999
US
Visit site
Hi! I'll start the ball rolling!<br>
Background:<br>
I work for a small division of a large company. Our division is the company's cutting edge tech group right now. Last year we moved our existing straight html site into Domino 4.6 by pasting the existing html (which was awful and sloppy from some outsource they'd been using!) right into a blank document. We added some fields, like keys and such.<br>
<br>
R5?:<br>
We're looking at getting an R5 server in house. Any tips, concerns, etc.? We're testing the client & designer on 3 PCs now, and no real issues...but we can't test the server, really...<br>
<br>
replacing old code:<br>
Before we upgrade (and even if we don't) I'd like to get away from the pasted-in-html in favor of documents which our R4.5 employees can see without their browsers. This should be easy, as most of our pages have the same basic design and we don't have any javascript, cgi, or anything YET. Any tips?<br>
<br>
Pages vs Forms:<br>
In the R5 designer we're given the choice of forms or pages. The explanation being that if you need just something to display, the page is the way to go. If, however, you want multiple instances of the basic design with the ability to input data, the form goes. I'm kindof wondering how anyone else is taking this...and how do you write a link to a "page"? (Keeping in mind we've been using keys to give our visitors "human readable" addresses for our pages!!! - i.e. home.nsf/pages/mypage.html vs home.nsf/q2j398urp9q3rngkjzdngi2y39)<br>
<br>
I look forward to our conversation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back