Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R4GL Compilation in ANSI C

Status
Not open for further replies.

sojankurian

Programmer
Sep 30, 2002
US
System Configuration
OS HP Server 11.X
(uname –a HP-UX loaner B.11.11 U 9000/810 2011692907 unlimited-user license).

Informix Dynamic Server 7.31
(onatat –v Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.31.UD3 Software Serial Number AAD########)

RDS 7.30 (r4gl –V INFORMIX-4GL Version 7.30.HC7
Software Serial Number AAD########)

Recently in our system we installed ANSI C compiler. Now when we compile the RUNNER for R4GL using cfglgo in ANSI C, we are getting an error “ld: Unsatisfied symbol "retint(int *)"

Does Anybody know what are the changes required while we moving r4gl runner from Normal C(HP C compiler) compiler to ANSI C.

Regards
Sojan

Sojan:

Did you also recently upgrade your Informix 4GL? Although I'm not a HP-UX person, I've seen similar problems with not being able to find the proper informix library. retint is an informix library call, and not part any ANSI "C" library.

The informix cfglgo command is actually a shell script, typically, located in the $INFORMIXDIR/bin directory. Back in '98 running SCO, I had to edit cfglgo and change

libgen.a

to

libixgen.a

because some Informix programmer didn't use the right library. Your problem is probably something similar to this.

If you access to Informix tech support, I'd use it.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Ed

All embede informix function like retont retqoute etc has change thir names "retint" is now called "ibm_lib4gl_returnMInt", retquote is now called "ibm_lib4gl_returnQuotedStr" so on and so fort.
Consult the IBM Informix 4gl referenc manuel Volume 3 version 7.31 appendix C

thorkild

2 All
Thanks for the immediate help. About the function "ibm_lib4gl_returnQuotedStr" is new information for me.........
Also I got the support from IBM-Informix.....

Million Thanks...

Sojan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back