Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R3 Partner Mail WM Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

econotel

Vendor
Feb 23, 2007
US
Does the R3 ( old box on the wall ) have a history of a peoblem with the message waiting lamps staying on after all messages have been deleted. I am not asking about a recent history but going back to when they were new.

I don't remember any issues but you can test what the port is doing by putting a butt set between the station & the voicemail & seeing if the voicemail is sending out the code to turn off the message lamp. Also check & make sure your voicemail ports are not outward restricted.

I believe the message waiting light is controlled by the last port of the Partner Mail (4th port of a 4-port, 6th port of a 6-port, 2nd port of a 2-port). I would call that extension and make sure it answers with voicemail. That port could be having issues and causing delays with removing the mwl.

Also - trace your line cords to be sure you have the station ports matching up with the ports on the PM

Example
Ext 18 - Port #1 on the PM
Ext 19 - Port #2 and so on.

We have seen them get crossed and create weird problems - usually MW related.

Also if this is a high traffic PM - AA answers all calls or lots of mailboxes with access traffic to their MBs - that can delay MW signalling from the 4th port which controls all MW functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back