Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R12 phone update issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2009
US
www.kittelsons.com
Trying R12 for a new IP Office 500V2a system with a new client with ten phones. Ran card creation and put in the card and started the new IP Office.

After boot the J189 and J179 phones are stating "failed upgrade" so I tried to run the system file update to the IP Office with the card created by R12 and to my great surprise it uploaded more then 2000 files to the card that should already have had them all installed. Strange because creating an SD card from Manager V12 should have all of the files on the card. Something not right there!

Phones are working but are still stating "failed upgrade" with the phone system.

I'm seriously contemplating recreating the card with 11.3.1 and just leaving the system on that version and not chancing a new deployment with R12.

Have you checked what software level the phones are on as it may be they are on 4.1.x already and the system is trying to downgrade them not upgrade them. For the last two and a half years the phone firmware on the system (11.X) is 4.0.10.3. This is now very old and should have been updated by the IP Office Software team to at least 4.1.3 or 4.1.4 (both are supported). You could manually download the 4.1.4 phone software including the J100 upgrade text and replace the files on the primary folder of the SD card which should force the latest software onto the phones if they aren't already on it. Link

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back