Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R12 Database Protection Job Not Overwriting

Status
Not open for further replies.

philzero

IS-IT--Management
Jan 9, 2009
GB
I have a database protection job configured which writes to a folder on the Arcserve server. It is using the 5-day weekly incremental backup schedule, which is set to overwrite the media on a Friday, and append every other day. Every Friday instead of clearing the folder & overwriting any data with a new full backup of the database, the job continues to append files. This means the folder just keeps growing, which is not what I want. Can anyone tell me how to set this job so that the contents of the backup folder will contain no more than a week's worth of 1 full backup plus daily incrementals?

Thanks

Got me on this one.

Best I can say is before the Friday job put the Job Engine into debug mode and then come Monday check the activity log for the job and the generic section.

Could try setting up a new job &/or new FSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back