Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R12 App server on ESXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

teletechman

Technical User
Aug 27, 2008
US
I am trying to install a new App server to ESXI R6.7, I have it loaded and after some settings changes got it to boot but then it fails and I get an error messages stating, "failed to start Switch Root". I am not sure where to look for this as I have never seen it before. I was able to load R11.1 App server to the same machine and it started fine with no issues. Has anyone seen this before?
Mike

Esxi 6.7 is not supported with R12
Check the release notes

OK New question on this, does this also apply to upgrades. The release notes seem to state that the Esxi is end of support so Not supported bit does that mean that the ISO will not load or work on 6.7? I need to upgrade our office IPO and app server which is on 6.7 now and don't want to brick it.
Mike

Not supported means they won't support it. It *may* work. But if it doesn't, then it's all up to you to figure out why.

If this is for any regulated industry, they you need to update those ESXi servers anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back