Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R12.1 ?????? 1

IamaSherpa

Instructor
Dec 24, 2015
IT
Hello mates, have just seen on the support site R12.1 docs, I am really surprised, no announcements or preliminary infos at all, wondering if somebody knows the release date and other details

Found this link to a zipped documentation library: https://support.avaya.com/css/public/documents/101091573

Main imporvement seems to be, that IPO (only Linux servers) now supports IPv6 to be able to connect workplace and J-Series clients.

Additionaly the support virtualization with KVM on RedHat Linux:

Support for KVM virtual servers
For IP Office R12.1, an IP Office KVM image is available. Avaya supports this on Red Hat for Enterprise Linux R8.10 on the Avaya ASP130 hardware platform.

Mumble.... surprised by the short elapsed time from 12.0, i looks like when they quickly passed from 10.0 to 10.1 because plenty of bugs... Any idea about release date?

No, I found nothing about a release date.

I believe Avaya also wants to get rid of R11.1 Centos versions and focus on Rocky versions.

Wound be nice if KVM on Rocky Linux would be supported as well. Hopefully even release 9 of Rocky. Additionally Proxmox to virtualize writings be nice. Can't be so hard because KVM on RHEL/Rocky uses QEMU to virtualize hardware and Proxmox uses the same.

Don't have specifics but I believe release date will be beginning of 2025. Not sure if 12.1 will be considered a full release and push R11.1 out of support with the N-1 approach, but would make sense to get away from supporting CentOS entirely.

Don't have specifics but I believe release date will be beginning of 2025. Not sure if 12.1 will be considered a full release and push R11.1 out of support with the N-1 approach, but would make sense to get away from supporting CentOS entirely.
That wouldn't be much interesting.
We should be allowed at least 12-18 months before such an event. We need time to migrate customers.

More, we have several customers that bought systems this year, after the summer. We didn't want to play the Guinea pig on them, so we deployed 11.1 on their systems.
If Avaya forces an early 2025 R12.1 release, then these customers will either need to pay for R12 upgrade or stay out of mainstream support. That's just...plain and simple horse manure, if you ask me.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back