Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R11 Can Individual Analog Ports Be Disabled on a ANALOG POTS30V2 Expansion Module?

Oct 22, 2024
Thank you for taking the time to read this question. I'm pretty certain the answer is no but coming from the IT Admin side, I wanted to be sure. We had a contractor cut a few 100-pair CAT3 inter-building cables and some of those pairs are shorting causing static on connected analog phones. I'm 4-hours from the site so guessing my only options are to talk someone onsite through physically disconnecting the ports that are seizing or making the 8-hour round trip.

Gratefully for any response.

I don't think you can disable the ports on the IP Office. I suppose you could try taking a copy of the config; deleting the analogue extensions; saving the config and then restoring from the copy config once the cabling issue is resolved - but I do not know what might happen...

Copy that. Appreciate the verification. We had a total of six 100-pair CAT3 inter-building cables severed, only half in use. What a pita.

Grateful for your response.

I don't know of a way to disable but if you go to Extensions and then select the analog extension and click the analogue tab you can see if changing the type will help eliminate the static. I would try setting as a paging speaker and see if that helps.

Just remove the corresponding users and they will all be NoUser with it's restrictions.

Your best bet is to call somebody on site and physically unplug those damaged ports from the analog station. Software changes wont stop damage by arcing and shorting of cut wires.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back