Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.qxd (v5.0) files wont open in Quarkxpress v 7.0 - ???? help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCorisdeo

Vendor
Apr 24, 2007
US
At home I have Quark version 5.0 but in the office i have version 7.0. When i send myself files that i have created at home to my work to work on them or edit they will not open. Am I missing something? Does it have something to do with the projects in version 7 that do not exist in version 5? Do i need to save them a specific way in version 5 to allow me to open in version 7? I am no expert in quark just taught myself by using it for about 3 years. Maybe this has something to do with it...

Thanks!

Quark 7 should be able to open older versions. I would investigate the method that you are using to transfer and open files.

Are you using File->Open or are you trying to double-click on the QXD file to open?

I emailed the files to myself at the office, and I double-clicked on the QXD file to open it.

I also wanted to save the Quark 7 file in an older version to be able to open it at home but when i save as the only options are QXP and QPT - is that because i am in a project?

thanks for the tip. i will go to markzware.com

I did not compress the file at all. Just emailed the doc on its own (light on images so the file was fairly small)

I appreciate your help. I will try again and see what happens. will let you know how it goes.... Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back