Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Qwest Mobility / Cisco VPN connection failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jkraus0801

IS-IT--Management
Nov 16, 2006
I am a remote MIS user with a company that just switched WANs from AT&T to QWEST...and the remote VPN Connection as well. We are currently using Qwest mobility v2.9.011 and Cisco vpn 5.09 wrapped inside the Qwest client.

Last week I was staying at a hotel on Times Square in NYC. I was connected to our corp network via the Qwest client successfully one day, then the next day the Cisco client would not connect; it would fail on securing the communication channel. Unfortunately I did not write down the error message.

I contacted our network group, and found they have had other users experience the same types of issues, not just from hotels but from home connections as well.

Has anyone experienced this? I appreciate any suggestions or information.

You'll have to

debug crypto ipsec
debug crypto isakmp
debug crypto engine

on the router, and post the output here when you attempt to connect and it fails.

/

tim@tim-laptop ~ $ sudo apt-get install windows
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package windows...Thank Goodness!

Is this to be done at the vpn head end device...if so we don't have access to that...qwest manages our wan for us.

Then why not let Qwest handle this?

/

tim@tim-laptop ~ $ sudo apt-get install windows
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package windows...Thank Goodness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back