Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quota settings 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidA

Technical User
Sep 27, 2010
US
Hello everyone,

We would like to start implementing quotas for our email account in exchange 2007. Playing with this, I was able to enter some quota restriction into my personal account. What it seems rare is that I set my self with a quota warning but I was able to still send and receive email. After a while I shut down my computer turn it back on open outlook 2010 and then I have a warning message that my mailbox was full. Then I remove the quota from my account and outlook was still saying that my mailbox was full and I was not able to send or received any email. I let it sit for a while cause I thought that the settings needs to be refresh from exchange to outlook. After an hour I was able to receive and send email, but the full mailbox message was still there in my outlook.
Finally I remove my account from outlook and recreated and that took the message away. I guess my question on this is that, if there is a way to force exchange to refresh the new settings into outlooks clients? Also is there another way to remove the mailbox full from outlook if is not removed after changes into exchange?

Thank you.

Mailbox cache age limit. The default is someling like up to 2 hours. YOu may want to reduce that.

1.Start the registry editor on your Exchange 2007 Mailbox server
2.Locate the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem key.
3.Create the “Reread Logon Quotas Interval” value
a.Right-click ParametersSystem, select New, and then select DWORD value.
b.Name the new DWORD value “Reread Logon Quotas Interval”.
c.Right-click Reread Logon Quotas Interval, and then click Modify.
d.Enter a decimal value of 1200 seconds (20 minutes)
4.Create the “Mailbox Cache Age Limit” value
a.Right-click ParametersSystem, select New, and then select DWORD value.
b.Name the new DWORD value “Mailbox Cache Age Limit”.
c.Right-click Mailbox Cache Age Limit, and then click Modify.
d.Enter a decimal value of 20 (20 minutes)
5.Locate the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchange ADAccess key.
6.Create the “CacheTTLUser” value
a.Right-click MSExchange ADAccess, select New, and then select Key.
b.Name the new key Instance0.
c.Right-click Instance0, select New, and then select DWORD value.
d.Name the new DWORD value “CacheTTLUser”.
e.Right-click CacheTTLUser, and then click Modify.
f.Enter a decimal value of 300 (5 minutes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back