Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quota and AD with Win9x Clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

sikarius

Programmer
Dec 11, 2001
ES
Hi EveryBody !!

I'm implementing an AD in my bussiness. I'm trying to activate some quota on a intranet file server. In My PC->Propierties->tab. Quota and i activate quotas, set the maximum and threshold value and the users (all the domain).

Well next i use a logon script to map a share folder, in the volumen with quotas, to any user of the domain. I try to copy some files bigger than maximum value and i can !!!.

How can to limit the space?

Thanks a lot

Certifications:
CCNA, BSCI, BCRAN, BCMSN, MCP

In Progress:
CCNP - Troubleshooting

There are exceptions to the quotas limitations... i.e. administrators. Also, you must impliment quotas before a user has saved even a single file to the partition you are implimenting quotas on or quotas will not be applied to that user (must be added manually to the quota list).

Hi !

Thanks Seaspray0 to answer me. The user, that i'm using, isnt the administrator however the user belong to the administrator group.

Thanks a lot.

Certifications:

In Progress:
CCNP - Troubleshooting

Hello Seaspray0!

Really was that. My user belong to administrators's group and he is not applied the limitations of quota. I have tried with another user that only is a member of users's group authenticated in domain and all mapped units are appeared to have the limitation of the quota.

Many thanks again.

Attentively

Certifications:

In Progress:
CCNP - Troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back