Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"You are not authorized to view this page" on webserver 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

maloaupito

Technical User
Jun 28, 2001
US
I am testing my W2K Webserver. In the Internet Information Services webserver properties, Directory Security settings, I have enabled Anonymous access. When I click on Edit, the default Username is IUSR_WEBSERVER sometimes with a password and sometimes without a password.

Anyway, when I test for access to the website located in the C:\Inetpub\ directory through a browser by typing in the IP number in the URL, I get the message "You are not authorized to view this page".

Upon going back to the Internet Information Services webserver properties, Directory Security settings and this time choosing Authenticated Access, check Integrated Windows authentication and then test for access through a browser again, I get a window asking for Username, etc. With the correct Username and password, I then get full access to the website.

But under Anonymous Access, I can't access the website. I don't understand why.

It seems to me that the server is serving the website fine by the fact that if given the proper username and password, the site is accessed.

What settings are the correct settings in the Anonymous Access options?

Or is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

Probably need to issue key certificates to the users you want to allow logon.

Go under your default website, properties and the directory security tab then edit on the anonymous access section, you should have Anonymous Access checked, and edit under that should have your IUSR_xxxxx user name and allow IIS to control password checked.
If all of this is right then you could have some how changed directory permissions on folders.
And rihg tout of the box IIS is configured correctly for anonymous browsing, so back track and see what you might have changed to prevent it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back