Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"xxxx" Cannot bridge to a non call-appearance button type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2005
US
xxxx being an actual extension

Error appears on the bottom of the screem when creating a Brdg-appr on an extension's properties via the terminal. The intial command was change sta xxxx

I've done this once in the past a few weeks ago; for calls to a phone to ring on another phone as well on specific buttons.

The intention is to add three buttons for bridging.
However I am not able to continue adding - go to the next line- due to that message as per the subject.

Thanks in advance~
Sunden

I think that when you are setting your brdge appearance button, you are referencing a button on the target extension that is not a call-appearance.

Have you programmed your extension like this?
1: brdg-appr Btn:1 Ext:xxxx
2: brdg-appr Btn:2 Ext:xxxx
3: brdg-appr Btn:3 Ext:xxxx
4: brdg-appr Btn:4 Ext:xxxx

Display the station you want to bridge and check what is on button location 4 (must be a call appearance)

change sta 1234

1234 being the one where the bridging needs to be done on buttons 9 - 11. Say, 5678 it's the one that needs to be added as per your instructions & which is exactly what is being done. However, just when typing the extension to proceed, I have pressed the Enter key, the arrow keys & nada. It shows the error message

The 1234 is being programmed exactly as you listed in the above example.

As per the 5678 buttons 9 -11, they have brdg-appr entries themselves but the modification is not on 5678. It is on 1234 where call to 5678 need to ring as well

One of the other question is how to save, proceed, after entering the extension which is then where the error as mentioned enters the picture.

Did I misunderstood your response? I do not have much experience with this phone system. This was done a few weeks ago but with an older definity server. We switch to the latest Avaya server & those settings were not saved or copied to new server. I am just doing what was done recently.

Thanks again

Is the extension an analog? Also check to see if there is 16 bridges of the extension.

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

A bridged appearance is only to the main call appearance buttons on another set.
If I understand you you are trying to bridge to button 9 of set 5678 which is a bridged appearance from another set...THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE...
if button 9 on 5678 is a bridged appearance of 7777, then what you need to do is setup 1234 with a bridge to 7777.

What set type are you trying to add these to? If it is a 7400 series that may be where you troubles are.

Mikey

A bridged appearance is only to the main call appearance buttons on another set." That is what I am trying to do & what has been done before on this very same extension, 1234.

Trying to bridge button 9-11 on 1234 so that calls to another set, 5678 - ring on 1234.

Yes there are 16 available buttons on 1234

Thanks

Okay, so buttons 9-11 on station 1234 should look like this:
[tt]
9: brdg-appr Btn:1 Ext:xxxx
10: brdg-appr Btn:2 Ext:xxxx
11: brdg-appr Btn:3 Ext:xxxx [/tt]

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back