Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Will Not Relay"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RH610

Programmer
Aug 7, 2001
US
GW6: An app on my workstation sends a message to the GW server that the GW server is supposed to relay to an e-mail address outside the office. All I ever get is an error in the GWIA log that says "dmn: Will Not Relay" (the error message also has the correct IP of my workstation and the correct e-mail address to relay to). I have smtp relay set to "off" on the GW server and put in an exception to allow relay from the IP address of my workstation. That is all I have to set, right? I mean there are no other settings I need to make in order for this to work? Just put in the exception? I have read TIDs, tried the name instead of and in addition to the IP. I am a beaten man.

Thank You

Did you restart the GWIA after you made the changes? This needs to be done. Otherwise, you could try using wildcards in the (exception) address.

“If you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?”
~ Mevlana Rumi

Do you live in Michigan? Join us in the Tek-Tips in Michigan forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back