Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"We could not complete your iTunes Store request" 9812

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrp

IS-IT--Management
Jan 9, 2002
US
When I try to purchase songs or even create new accounts on iTunes I get the popup error:
------
We could not complete your iTunes Store request. An unknown error occurred (-9812).

There was an error in the iunes Store. Please try again later.
------
I have a MacBook Pro with MacOSX 10.5.8 and have all the updates applied (iTunes 10.0) - this has been going on for weeks, since I was running 9.x

I *think* this may have started when I (stupidly) downloaded a lot of certificates and think their elimination may be part of the solution. Any ideas? Thanks!

Any chance you've amended your hosts file or DNS server addresses? Router or Firewall changes? The error looks like iTunes is unable to connect with the Apple servers for authentication.

soi là, soi carré

Very little chance any of that has changed - there are a few other machines using iTunes through our home network with no issues. Thanks!

Unfortunately the info at that link didn't help. I power-cycled my network and the problem remains. The other information at the link was about root certificates, but for Windows. Perhaps similar information regarding MacOSX would be helpful..?

Thanks!!

as an unknown error, there are many things to try, but likely only 1 that will work. Here are a couple more things that come to mind to try.

1. Repair your keychain:
2. Reset your keychain:
3. Create a new location.
4. Ensure that your date & time are correct.

5. Check your firewall settings. Are your running some sort of AntiVirus software or 3rd party firewall software?

Plenty of options there, but I tried them all and continue to have the problem. As far as MacOSX 10.5.8 firewall settings - under "Sharing" I only have "Web Sharing" checked. Thanks!!

this message may appear if you have modified your hosts file in order to point it to cydia for jailbreaking iphones (and then forgotten to remove the hosts entry).

if you are 100% sure that there are no changes to this machines hosts file (and you are not running tiny umbrella) then this won't help!

Don't even have an iPhone here.. and I'm 100% sure the hosts file hasn't changed - but thanks!!

% cat /etc/hosts
##
# Host Database
#
# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
# when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.
##
127.0.0.1 localhost
255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
::1 localhost
fe80::1%lo0 localhost
% ls -al /etc/hosts
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 236 Sep 23 2007 /etc/hosts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back