Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Users" icon in control panel missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbrayc

MIS
Jan 5, 2012
US
Hello everyone,
I have an old Windows 95 computer (the last of the line) connected to our company domain. Due to a recent network hiccup, the computer can't connect to the network because the user couldn't remember the password and the account was locked. The password has been reset, but not to the original password (which doesn't meet current length/complexity requirements). Now the computer can't connect to the domain. My research thus far indicates that the old password is probably cached on the computer, and this is what is actually being sent to our domain controller (which of course says is a bad password). I understand that I should be able to go into the Control Panel and reset the password for that user login through the "Users" icon. However, that icon has disappeared from this computer (when and/or how I don't know). Is there a way to restore this icon? Or is there another way I can clear the local password cache? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back