Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Update Record" problem in MX 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shomai

Programmer
Jun 18, 2001
PH
I upgraded to MX and the Update Record(created in DW4) in the Server Behavior suddenly pops errors but the ASP page works fine. The problem is when creating Update Record Behavior in MX error says there must be a RecordSet Created before creating that behavior. why is it like that?

The connections are done differently. Just open your recordset and close it and all should be ok

Cheech The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

No Problem.

Cheech The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

it still appears, i dont know what to do it just suddenly appears. I did ur instruction again and it doesnt work..... message is : before creating this behavior you must create a recordset.

Post the code for your page

Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

hi cheech, i think there's a bug in my MX, coz its very unstable, im using Win2K pro by the way. sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. why is it like this? is it my site setup? now here's the prob. i created 2 recordsets then when i add the inser behavior this pops: ***recordset was partially deleted click (-) ..... kinda like that. then my recordsets was gone in the pane. but when i checked the code its still there... :( help pls

From that it looks like you have deleted part of the code. Delete the recordset and redo it.

Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

I am also experiencing this problem. I am running Dreamweaver MX 2004 (7.0.1).

I have a new file that contains a form. I add, and test, a recordset, then try to add an 'Update record' server behaviour, and get the following error:

'Before using this server behavior, please create a Recordset'. Can anyone suggest why it cannot see the recordset that I just created?

I cant explain, but have experienced this myself as well. I have reported it to Macromedia but have yet to get a reply. My interim solution is to install dw over the top of my current installation and all then works for a while.

Cheech

[Peace][Pipe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back